Holoween Party, Saturday, Oct 25, 8:55 – 9:15 between sessions
Tuxedo competition details
The Bowling Green Skating Club is pleased to have you participating in our 9th Annual Basic Skills competition on Saturday, October 18th. Listed below is some helpful information regarding the event. Please see special note regarding parking & let others know that are coming to the competition.
NEW this year: we have a hairdresser (Hairstyle to Impress), coming in during the competition to provide hair & makeup services. Please refer to attached flyer (Click here for the hair dresser information) for further information. To sign up for an appointment, go to: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d45ada62fa31-tuxedo
· Address: 417 N. Mercer Rd. ; Phone: 419-372-2264
· Directions are attached (Click here for the direction)
· Parking: there is a BGSU football game on Saturday
o Only one entrance to the lot will be open (enter from street just past ice arena, by baseball field)
o Tell the parking attendant that you are here for skating (otherwise you’ll be charged to park)
· The competition schedule has been posted on http://evt.sk8stuff.com/lister_event_detail.asp?id=4702. Click here for the competition schedule.
· The competition starts at 10 am and ends at 4:50 pm
· For the half-ice events, there are two entrances to the ice: ‘L’ means the lobby end, and ‘N’ means the North end of the ice (opposite end).
· For the full-ice events, all skaters will enter from the ‘L’obby entrance.
· There are (4) practice ice sessions:
o 9:00 – 9:20 am (SnowPlow – Basic 5)
o 9:20 – 9:40 am (Basic 5 and above)
o 11:49 – 12:09 pm (Basic 1 – High Beginner)
o 12:09 – 12:29 pm (Pre Preliminary & Above)
· The practice ice sessions have been assigned to those skaters who have pre-registered. You can check the schedule to see what sessions were assigned to your skater.
· You can still purchase practice ice if you have not done so already by emailing me or doing so at the registration desk.
· Upon arriving at the rink, come through the main doors (glass doors), walk past the concessions area, and enter the arena using the doors on the left. The registration desk will be located just inside these doors.
· Please check in with the registration desk at least one hour before your event.
· Coaches and skaters will receive some special gifts at the registration desk.
· A competition program will be available for purchase at the registration desk. For just $2, have a great memento of the event.
· Music – for those doing events with music, please turn in a copy of your music at the registration desk. Please LABEL your music with your skater’s name.
· There will be several vendors at the competition selling a variety of items. A great time to do some early Christmas shopping.
· We will also have a medal engraver.
· The Bowling Green Skating Club will be having a used skate and apparel sale.
· Flowers will be available for purchase. They will be located near the awards area.
· There are 4 locker rooms (3, 4, 5 & 6), available to use during the competition. Locker room 5 will be for BGSC skaters, locker room 6 will be a men’s locker room.
· The locker rooms are all located along the east side of the rink (the right side of the arena).
· A concession stand will be open throughout the day & a variety of food will be available for purchase.
· There is no admission charge for the competition, so be sure to invite family, friends and neighbors to come out and support the skaters!
· Congratulations to the Columbus Figure Skating Club for bringing the most number of skaters to the competition. An awards presentation will be done at 12:49.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday for an exciting and fun day!
2014 TUXEDO schedule has been posted on ska8stuff.com
Click the below link to see the schedule.
2014 Fall 2– Youth Skating
2014 Fall 1– Youth Skating
Welcome to 2014 – 2015 season!
Mark your calendar for future Youth Skating lessons. Here is a tentative schedule.
Fall 2 – Wednesday, October 22nd – Saturday November 22nd. 5 weeks
Winter 1 – Wednesday December 3rd – Saturday January 24th – 6 weeks
Winter 2 – Wednesday January 28th – Saturday February 28th – 5 weeks
Spring 1 – Wednesday March 4th – Saturday April 11th – 5 weeks
2014 BGSC TUXEDO INVITATIONAL BASIC SKILLS COMPETITION
Thank you for your past participation in the Bowling Green Skating Club’s Basic Skills competition. We are excited to be hosting our 9th annual Basic Skills competition on Saturday October 18th and we’d love to see you again! Please note the Date Change – this is the weekend before the previously posted date.
Like past years, the competition is a part of the USFS Michigan Basic Skills Series. More information about the Michigan Basic Skills Series can be found at: www.sk8stuff.com.
The competition will be held at the same location as last year: the BGSU Ice Arena, 417 N. Mercer Rd. Bowling Green, OH. The competition is open to all skaters from beginners (just learning to skate) to Preliminary.
Skating events being offered for the competition include Freestyle and compulsory events for Snowplow Sam through Preliminary levels. Jumps and Spins events are also being offered.
** Other events being offered include: Interpretive events with themed music – skaters are judged on originality, music expressions, etc., and Dance events – Preliminary & Pre-Bronze dances. We’re also offering a new event – Team Compulsories. Join your friends & compete as a team.
We’ll once again have vendors offering a variety of items for sale and a used skate and apparel sale.
COACHES’ NOTES – All coaches will receive a gift bag & a coaches’ hospitality room will be open throughout the event.
SPECIAL CLUB AWARD – The club that brings the most number of skaters to the competition will receive a special plaque and have their picture taken.
Questions about the competition can be directed to Pat Rabb, competition chair, at email@example.com. For more information about the Bowling Green Skating Club, please visit our website at www.bgskateclub.org.
We’d love to have you and your students join in on all the fun and exciting activities on October 18th!
The Bowling Green Skating Club
All BGSC members are encouraged to consider volunteering your time and/or providing food for the upcoming Tuxedo Basic Skills Competition on October 18th. This is our ninth year for hosting this event and we have skaters participating from12 different clubs and coming from Michigan, Ohio, & Indiana.
Help the BGSC host a successful event by donating your time or food items. This is a great way to earn volunteer hours and to show your support for your fellow BGSC skaters.
Please go to the link below to see the list of volunteers and food items needed. Thank you!
Help BGSC through amazon smile.
See the youtube “how to” video below and bookmark the link ( http://smile.amazon.com ) for shopping. 0.5% of your shopping will be donated to the club.
We had several skaters compete in Skate Pittsburgh over the weekend. Great job ladies!
Adelaide Juette-Snowplow Sam Element-1st and Snowplow Sam Program with Music-1st
Corryn Juette-Basic 3 Elements-2nd and Basic 3 Program with Music-3rd
Lilly Hunter-Basic 8 Elements-2nd and Basic 8 Program with Music-2nd
Emily Juette-Beginner Freeskate-1st and Beginner Compulsory-3rd
Amelia Brogley-Pre-Preliminary Freeskate Restricted-3rd and Pre-Preliminary Compulsory Moves-2nd
Ava Forrester-Preliminary Freeskate-1st and Preliminary Compulsory-1st
Cora Egbert-Preliminary Freeskate-2nd and Preliminary Compulsory-2nd
Miriam Yun-Juvenile Freeskate-3rd
2015 Midwestern Adult Sectional Figure Skating Championships
The Springfield Figure Skating Club is proud to host the
2015 Midwestern Adult Sectional Figure Skating Championships March 6-8, 2015
Questions and contacts
* If you have a question about membership, you can contact
Pat Rabb < firstname.lastname@example.org >
2014 season welcome letter
Classes address agility, power, core strength, flexibility, musicality, and the positions and vocabulary of classical ballet technique in an active, 50‐minute session. Instruction by Tammy Metz Starr (MFA, DPT) designed to complement figure‐skating training in consultation with coaches.
Saturdays, 10:30‐11:20 a.m.
$45 per 5‐week session
$80 if registering for both Fall 1 & 2
* Disclaimer: BGSC decided to post this message on our website because these classes can benefit our skaters. These classes are not offered by the club.
JOIN THE FUN! SPECIAL DISCOUNT ON INTRODUCTORY MEMBERSHIP FEE
U. S. FIGURE SKATING SNOW PLOW thru BASIC 5
Skating Option of 1 or 2 times a week
Wednesdays 6:00 – 6:45PM and/or Saturdays 9:05 – 9:50AM
45 minutes of On-Ice Instruction in Main Arena w/ Qualified & Credentialed Coaches
Great Student/Teacher Ratio
2014-2015 memberhip form
Here are 2014-2015 membership forms.
Click here for 2014-2015 BGSC Membership Form
Click here for 2014-2015 BGSC Basic Skills Membership Form
Supporting the club with Kroger community rewards program
You can support the club with Kroger community rewards program.
1. Visit this site: http://www.kroger.com/community/
2. If you do not have an account, create an account.
3. Sign up and access the site ( http://www.kroger.com/community/ ) again.
4. You should be able to locate the Bowling Green Kroger and Bowling Green Skating Club (club’s organization number is 91449).